- Packing Tips and Travel Essentials - When you’re packing for the big trip, it’s difficult to know what’s a must have and what’s going to sit in the bottom of your rucksack for the next 12 months. Space is precious and any excess weight you can shift just makes your life that little bit easier when you’re lugging your bulky new best … More Packing Tips and Travel Essentials
- Get paid to travel – become an au pair! - Are the long days and temper tantrums worth it? YES! Weekend adventures, immersion in a culture and a steady wage. Becoming an au pair abroad allows you to live like a local and really experience a country. Sound ideal? Well it is pretty great, but if you think it’s an easy ride, think again. This … More Get paid to travel – become an au pair!
- 5 Reasons to stay - I was meant to be home in February and then I was meant to be home in August. But here I am, nearly one year on, still Down Under, and still coming up with reasons to stay … More 5 Reasons to stay
- Fly cheap, stay chic - Save in the air to spend while you’re there! Savvy British couples are saving money, opting for short-haul European honeymoons. Cheaper flights with budget airlines means more cash to splurge on boutique hotels, gourmet restaurants and extra-special experiences to make extra-special memories. Netherlands – Amsterdam This friendly and quirky city is especially great for art lovers and … More Fly cheap, stay chic
- Planning the big trip: The practical bits - So once you’re decided on a destination, budget, goal etc, your savings account is getting slowly fatter, so now you need to think about the practicalities of it all. Your job If you have a full time job you will either need to: Request a career break or sabbatical Quit It’s really as straightforward as … More Planning the big trip: The practical bits
- Planning the big trip: Where are you going? - Choosing where is often an issue for some people. For me, I had my places in priority order long before I began planning. Talking to others I have found that a lot of the time, people want to explore somewhere, but they’re just not sure where that is. When you talk about travelling, there will … More Planning the big trip: Where are you going?
- Planning the big trip: Money - When you’re leaving the safety and security of the real world behind, how do you begin to plan ‘The Unknown.’ Anybody who has even thought about taking that career break, gap yah or long term adventure has felt that overwhelming feeling of “Where do I start?” It can be a scary thing, especially if you … More Planning the big trip: Money
- Keeping motivated when you meet bumps in the road - Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover … More Keeping motivated when you meet bumps in the road
- Getting Sick Overseas - Be prepared for the worst. Those Boy Scouts had it right, preparation is key to surviving an icky tummy or thumping headache. … More Getting Sick Overseas